MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > Tools
Reload this Page Issue with layered shaders in Maya
Tools Share Products and Services (related topics only such as brush, texture...)

Issue with layered shaders in Maya
(#1)
Old

Default Issue with layered shaders in Maya - 04-27-2015, 09:45 PM

Hello guys, I'm working on my first mayor matte painting project using camera projection to animate my camera. For one of the geometry pieces, I did a patch to fix part of the texture visible on camera that went beyond the first projection camera, them I noticed that a new patch is necesary for the last frames of the animation, so I prepare the patch, and once create the texture layer, always the path on top makes the one below have a light grey shade over the lower patch. The base texture still works fine.
I already try changing whatever patch is on top, it always end up affecting the lowering patch, also I must add that all three projections of the layered shaders are from different cameras, any thoughts?

Thanks a lot in advance
(#2)
Old

Default 04-28-2015, 06:04 PM

So after checking several tutorials in Youtube learned that the issue was that I need to go to Hypershade, look for the file node for the Color channel, look for the Color Balance and set the Default Color to Black, them go to the file node of the alpha file, and change it to either white or black (test to see which one works better for your case) I leave the link to the tutorial in case somebody finds the same issue in the future:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFAe...3jh3xckJVL3jM4