Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Showcase > Work in Progress
Reload this Page Recent Personal MP
Work in Progress WIP to Critique

Recent Personal MP
(#1)
Old

Default Recent Personal MP - 04-29-2012, 12:32 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, need to hear some feedback for this one so i can improve my work in the future. thank you!

Big Res here : http://www.multisiv.com/mp/Bab_imlil/Bab_Imlil_HR.jpg

Final MP

Original Plate

foreground element
(#2)
Old

Send a message via MSN to plusultra Send a message via Skype™ to plusultra
Default 04-29-2012, 04:03 PM

great work,

i think if you want the statues look like metal its excellent if you want them to be "stone" they are still a little bit too shiny and need more texture and less glow if that makes sense.

awesome.

juan
(#3)
Old

Default 04-29-2012, 07:44 PM

Hi Plusultra

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it! totally agree with you about the statues render, some update will come soon. thks for help :)
(#4)
Old

Default 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM

Hello MedFaska,
Good start. I think your image looks more graphical than a photoreal matte. It is more like a fantasy poster then a real landscape that could be used in a shot. That's fine if you are going for that but if you are going for a photoreal matte painting here are a few suggestions to start with.
1. The Sky should be reflected in the water. A sky that bight and dramatic would be also seen in the water. I have taken many pictures near the water at that time of day and most of the time the water is just about the same color as the water. It would not be a glassy reflection because your water is rough but it would definitely inherit the color of the sky
2. The highlight in the water seems out of place. You have the light reflected part of the water is sitting directly behind a cliff where the should be shadow. The highlight should begin at the edge of the cliff.
3. Your dark (black) values are the same throughout the image. Your blacks should not be nearly as dark the further into the distance you go. So the shadows of the statues should be lighter than the shadows on your foreground cliff.
I think these things would be a good start. Hope that helps.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-03-2012, 03:38 PM

Hey Ericu

thank you so much, i realy read ur 3 golden suggestions with a big attention and find them all right and very helpful for my final version, thanks for the time u give to this post and ur pro tips. wish to get ur helpe in my feature posts.

thank you ;)