Interested in working for a startup that wants to push cinema and gaming in a bold new direction?
At Chromed LLC, we’re blending a TV-like cinematic experience with an accessible and interactive format, published regularly over the internet. TV as a video game.
And we need your help.
Chromed is looking for a Digital Artists to help us bring our vision to life.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the bleeding edge of media. You’ll be defining the visual direction of an ambitious media project, forging a new creative property, and creating an all-together new media type – interactive television. Take on the challenges of a virtual-set based live-action video work, coupled with the nuances of game production!
We’re looking for someone to help us execute on our vision, and manage the creation of our resources. Your biggest responsibility would be creating our virtual sets – backdrops and props generated from digitally altered photographs.
Our production takes rotoscoped silhouettes of live actors and combined them with digitally manipulated real-world photographs and video to create our production’s distinctive art style. The style is very visual – difficult to describe in words, but immediately clear when you see it in action. Visit our production’s website for more information
For this opening, an ideal candidate:
- Has a strong digital matte / photo manipulation skillset. Our production’s visual esthetic revolves around our usage of digitally manipulated real-world photographs to create realistic-but-stylized mattes and props.
- Able to visualize compelling and creative imagery. Our writers are trying to create something life-like and engaging, but it’ll be you that actually brings it to life.
- Is excited about working in the chaotic, guerilla development environment of an ambitious media startup. We’re a small team that’s trying to do something entirely too big. And that excites us to no end.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment. You’ll be working alongside a growing creative staff, passionate about creating something great.
We expect all these traits in an ideal candidate. That said, we also have a number of additional qualities we’d love to see in our Digital Artists. We are willing to consider qualified candidates who don’t meet this extended set of criteria, but will look more favorably on ones that meets some or even all of the elements on this extend list:
- Is familiar with video gaming. Bonus points if you’re a self-professed “gamer”. An interest in graphical adventure games (ex: Monkey Island, King’s Quest, Grim Fandango, etc) is particularly relevant.
- Has strong and flexible art and graphic design skills. A gifted artist that can define and execute a visual direction on multiple fronts (in-product art assets, print and online promotional materials, concept art, user interfaces, etc) would be a tremendous resource for a growing company like ours.
- Has a solid photography skill set, with a particular interest in urban and architectural subject matter. An appreciation for the decayed visual aesthetic captured by Urban Exploration photography is particularly appropriate.
- Has a solid understanding of film and video production. Our video production work is tightly bound with our art style – having a good feel for film production will help you create even better content.
- Is connected to a diverse art and photography community. An candidate who can help us tap a large pool of creative talent (both locally in the Seattle area and abroad) would significantly simplify our production logistics.
- Has pertinent industry experience with management responsibilities.
We’re looking to fill a local, hourly contract
position. Salary is negotiable, depending on experience and qualifications.
Email your cover letter, targeted portfolio, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Be sure to include links to relevant art content to help us evaluate you for the Digital Artist role. If there are specific pieces in your portfolio you’d like to highlight, mention them in your cover letter.
If you do not have a targeted portfolio email a request at email@example.com
. We will email you back an digital art test that you can perform to demonstrate your talents.
Just to be clear – we’re looking for someone with a solid digital, 2D
art skillset. While we aren’t adverse to hiring an artist skilled in 3D or more traditional non-digital mediums, this search is focusing on finding a qualified candidate capable of creating realistic-but-stylized material for a 2D production (see: digital matte painting). Be sure portfolio contains suitable samples to help us evaluate you in this context.
While we’d prefer to recruiting local talent, we’re willing to consider qualified out-of-area candidates as long as they’re already legally eligible to work in the US. That said, we are recruiting to fill a local, on-site position in our Seattle, WA office.
We apologize in advance if we’re unable to respond to you personally regarding your – we expect quite a few responses to this opening. That said, we are committed to reviewing and evaluate every applicant.