There is currently a vacancy in the Systems team for the entry-level position of Technical Assistant. The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance their technical skills at a leading Visual Effects Company. This includes experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues.
This is a varied role to support the daily activities of a busy Systems Department: Computer workstations require setting up and artists need help with their workstations. New equipment requires unpacking, checking, tagging and installing. Old equipment has to be decommissioned and disposed of. Computer machine rooms, wiring closets and other technical areas need to be kept clean and tidy. Technical assistants help make all this happen.
Key Tasks/duties -
· Setting up and moving artist workstations.
· Providing general help to other members of the systems team.
· Assisting artists with requests for peripherals and basic troubleshooting.
· Helping repair faulty workstations and servers.
· Helping with workstation builds and software installation.
· Helping with equipment installation / removal and associated documentation.
· Keeping the machine room and other technical areas clean and tidy.
· Keeping on-site storage areas tidy and organised.
· Returning faulty equipment to suppliers.
· Keeping track of spare parts.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· You should have a keen interest in computer hardware and operating systems.
· A degree is not required but the ability to learn quickly and think on your feet is essential.
· Enthusiasm and commitment to learn about and get involved in departmental activities.
· Excellent communication and team working skills.
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Exposure of Linux based computers, PC hardware components and home networking.
Salary: Up to £15k
Application Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are interested please apply online at: