• Tackling the Compositing of shots effectively.
• Briefing junior compositors when dividing of shots into tasks (e.g. rotoscoping) is required.
• Delivering final shots that are creative and technically excellent.
• Attend daily progress reviews to obtain feedback from supervisors.
• Work to improve knowledge of MPC's Compositing pipeline.
• Work with production to create Compositing schedules and project targets.
• Work with the Compositing HOD to define the Compositing pipeline required for the show and identify any additions or modifications to our existing toolset required to realise this pipeline.
• Supervise compositing of CG elements to match live-action footage to maintain consistent shot quality and look.
• Report on the progress of the lighting work on the show to the Lighting HOD, with particular regard to the following:
• If the team are meeting deadlines
• Technical issues
• Production issues
• R&D requests
• Team morale
• Previous experience with a high-level film based Compositing system using Shake and Nuke.
• Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG rendering and compositing.
• Excellent understanding of the whole digital film pipeline from scanner to film recorder.
• Proven technical and creative ability in a broadcast or feature-film production environment.
• General understanding of linux/unix-based operating systems.
• Ability to take direction and structure working practices so that design changes can be efficiently made.
• Desire to learn from other and to take on increasingly challenging shots.
• Excellent team building, communication and problem solving skills
• Excellent knowledge of node-based compositing software
• Proven technical and creative ability in a large feature-film VFX production environment
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Application Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
• To apply please check our website out and apply online - http://www.moving-picture.com/index....jobslondonfilm
• Any other questions please mail firstname.lastname@example.org