HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Showcase > Work in Progress
Reload this Page Pollution
Work in Progress WIP to Critique

Pollution
(#1)
Old

Default Pollution - 04-28-2015, 03:11 PM

Hi there, I have an update of the "cityscape" where the light before wasn't in the right position and now is where it belongs. Also I update for the fact that in the other post it seems that the image doesn't load.
Hope you like it.
Will be working more to be posting in here!

Thank you
Greets

(#2)
Old

Default 04-30-2015, 06:07 PM

hi mzarza. nice set up. A thought, isn't the sun suppose to be higher up in the sky to verify the sunlight hiting the road like that? And drop long shadows from all the buildings. Also the shapes of the mounatins feels abit repeated. I like the highlight of the roofs tops and hows in fades in depth.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-01-2015, 04:27 PM

Hmmm, yeah, you're right, sometimes there are those little mistakes that you don't even see. Thanks!
(#4)
Old

Default 05-04-2015, 03:25 PM

The highlights on your sun look timed down and crunched. I think it was brighter than this at some point? This makes the highlights on your city brighter than the sun, which would not happen. And I agree with the other person, the sun is too low to justify the lighting on the city.
You also have sections of the city in darkness, without any highlights. This is a city and not a lake or the ocean. The light would not have just a strip down the middle like a water reflection, it would be spread out through the entire city.
I know this is a WIP so you may have planned on lighting more of the city.
One last thing, if you want to leave areas of the city with no sun light, and if the sun really was that low, The building lights would be on. Unless of course this is some sort of world that has a lights out sunset curfew ;)