Double Negative is a full-service VFX facility capable of handling projects from initial design through on-set supervision and production to post-production. All key post-production technologies are available in-house to allow for maximum flexibility. Our R&D Department is constantly developing groundbreaking software to ensure we remain at the cutting edge of global VFX.
We are currently in production on John Carter Of Mars, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Captain America: The First Avenger.
We are looking for talented people to join our team!
Job Title: Senior Rigger
Reports To: Head of Rigging
Direct Reports: Supervisor/Producer
Key Purpose of the Job:
The Senior Rigger is responsible for creating animation rigs for characters, creatures, props and vehicles. The role may require the implementation of proprietary tools to aid in the creation of a rig. The Rigger must collaborate with the CG Lead and the Animation Lead to develop the most suitable rigging solutions.
Needs to Do
• Work closely with the CG Lead to ensure that the rig is pipeline friendly for texturing, lighting and rendering.
• Work with the Animation Lead/Supervisor to develop an intuitive and responsive rig for each character.
• Work with The Rigging Lead to meet project schedules and manage their time to the successful delivery of rigs within those schedules.
• Communicate with the Modelling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging.
• Communicate with the R&D Department where necessary to effectively help develop the tools and technology to aid in delivering high-quality rigs.
Needs to Know
• 5+ years CG experience, ideally within feature films
• Ability to perform visual and analytical problem solving in 3-dimensional space, including the ability to accurately interpret 3D layouts and analyse 3D form.
• Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks.
• A thorough knowledge of Maya and Mel
Needs to be
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Highly motivated
• Accepting of change
Measures of Performance
• Must achieve set quota per week/month
• Make sure team meet weekly/monthly quota
If you are interested please apply online at www.dneg.com/jobs
We look forward to hearing from you!