MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Showcase > Work in Progress
Reload this Page Villa WIP and BTS development
Work in Progress WIP to Critique

(#11)
Old

Default 04-19-2010, 02:00 PM

Sorry guys have to cut it off there, may have some work coming in. I may come back to this in the near future,

Many thanks for the views and support.

Cheers Rich

HTML Code:
http://www.rockhoppervfx.luxipics.com/
Nice Progress!
(#12)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha Send a message via Skype™ to kaustavsinha
Default Nice Progress! - 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM

Hey Rich, :)

Nice progress you are making on this Matte-Painting; have been following the progress eagerly! :) The reflection on the pond is looking nice & realistic! :) I was always thinking that, an addition of a BG Mountain (on the LHS) would look cool; glad that, you are thinking of adding it! :) I'm not too sure about the addition of the Satellite dish at the center; it's taking a-bit of attention towards it (just my personal opinion)! The FG hedges are looking very nice! :) Will be waiting for more updates! :)

Thanks!

Kaustav Sinha
(Matte Painting Producer & Casting Director)

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net
(Founder/Administrator : CG Universe)

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"

Last edited by kaustavsinha; 04-19-2010 at 04:31 PM..
(#13)
Old

Default 04-20-2010, 03:22 AM

Current progress at the moment, look forward to your comments.

PS Can any further critiques been done in this thread not the showcase thread. Do not want to upset the Mods.

Many thanks

Cheers Rich

HTML Code:
(#14)
Old

Send a message via MSN to plusultra Send a message via Skype™ to plusultra
Default 04-21-2010, 04:12 AM

i really like this but i think the falldown angle of the roof is a bit 2 high it maybe should be more flat. but maybe im wrong, just my intention

how its about to change the bikes for something old or just let it empty and add a railing or smth like that.

the idea with the mountain in the bg i really like, it looks good.

great work keep on!
(#15)
Old

Default 04-21-2010, 07:31 AM

As its a drug lords villa, and he has come all the way from the barrio he likes to show off his toys. For the railing idea I had considered it but something about the lead character would be that he is someone that you would never steal from, fear is his metal railings.

I was always taught on illustration that you never show a closed door, gate or put a barrier in your image. It encourages the viewer to explore the picture.

the roof I agree with you, however I checked the pitch before and it looked fine when viewed at a distance. In hindsight it would be lower,

thanks for the really cool image in the first place, it was a good technical and training exercise.

Rich

PS in your architecture pack there is a train station/airport photo shot high to low, where is it as i need to carry out some research .

Cheers Rich

HTML Code:
Nice!
(#16)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to kaustavsinha Send a message via AIM to kaustavsinha Send a message via MSN to kaustavsinha Send a message via Yahoo to kaustavsinha Send a message via Skype™ to kaustavsinha
Default Nice! - 04-21-2010, 12:37 PM

Hi Rich, :)

The Matte is looking really cool & beautiful! :) The only crit that, I might have is that, the BG mountain might be taking a-bit of the attention towards it, as it's heavier towards the left hand corner; some interesting shapes in the mountain, which is equally balanced might enhance the look of the Matte further (just my personal opinion)! Keep-up the great work going! :)

Thanks!

Kaustav Sinha
(Matte Painting Producer & Casting Director)

imdb.com/name/nm3457720

cguniverse.net
(Founder/Administrator : CG Universe)

"Let's Paint The World With Peace"
(#17)
Old

Default 04-21-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhoppermedia View Post
As its a drug lords villa, and he has come all the way from the barrio he likes to show off his toys. For the railing idea I had considered it but something about the lead character would be that he is someone that you would never steal from, fear is his metal railings.

I was always taught on illustration that you never show a closed door, gate or put a barrier in your image. It encourages the viewer to explore the picture.

the roof I agree with you, however I checked the pitch before and it looked fine when viewed at a distance. In hindsight it would be lower,

thanks for the really cool image in the first place, it was a good technical and training exercise.

Rich

PS in your architecture pack there is a train station/airport photo shot high to low, where is it as i need to carry out some research .

great i already uploaded another package with interesting structures which may need some extensions, hope you like it.

in the architecture pack, you mean the first one if im right. but tell me the Image Name and ill take a look at.

great work

cheers juan
(#18)
Old

Default 04-21-2010, 01:46 PM

building 17 in the 1st pack you sent out.

Cheers

Cheers Rich

HTML Code:
(#19)
Old

Default 04-21-2010, 01:49 PM

ill take a look when im at home and then ill tell ya.

regards juan.
(#20)
Old

Default 04-22-2010, 01:55 AM

Whoo! New versions are coming so fast that I barely have time to think the previous ones. ;-) It is getting better version by version and it is nice to see the process and thinking. If you are already finished with this one, just ignore this, but if not, some notes:

I like the mountain idea and the changes you made with building in the plate.

Black leves may need some adjusting. Buildings and vegetation at the plate have darker shadows and lighter highlights than the painted building - and they are at the background (should have less contrast than the foreground).

Vine could also have some shadows and higlighs to raise it a bit from the surface.

Scale of the roof tiles seems smaller in the painted building than they are at the building in plate. A bit larger and clearer tiles might add some depth also.

Quite high saturation and luminosity of the foreground vegetation are taking attention away from the actual "action". I might try version with something simpler or less highlighted - or a version complitely without them, just larger pond and maybe those waterlilies smoothly curving towards the action.

The camouflaged helicopter is quite nice toy to show, but I'd consider moving or removing it, because now it is almost camouflaged to the mountain background and adds some distraction to already full part of the image.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by halen; 04-22-2010 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: spelling