Established in 1991, Animal Logic quickly earned a reputation as one of the world’s leading design, visual effects and animation companies.
Animal Logic attracts highly talented people from all around the globe, who are drawn both by the impressive style and quality of our work and the opportunity to live in Sydney – one of the most beautiful, cosmopolitan cities in the world.
Our facility is situated fifteen minutes from Bondi Beach, (one of over 150 beaches in the Sydney metropolitan area), bordered on two sides by substantial areas of parklands and only ten minutes away from the Central Business district and iconic Sydney Harbour. With its temperate climate and outdoor lifestyle Sydney is both a fantastic place for families and an exciting destination for those who enjoy adventure and a spot of nightlife.
We are currently searching for Matte Painters to work in both feature animation and visual effects for features. The position involves working closely with the Art Director and/or Look Development Supervisor to realise the production requirements. Though now a relatively large company, Animal Logic prides itself on providing artists with the opportunity to spread their wings creatively in a collaborative group environment.
Position commences in early 2010. To be successful in the role the following is required of all candidates:
•3+ years matte painting in a production environment.
•Ability to follow a brief and produce complex matte painted elements to a high standard with a thorough understanding of perspective, lighting, and colour.
•Feature Film experience essential, with a high level of expertise in producing designs for large screen format.
• An understanding of working in stereoscopic would be an advantage.
• The ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes that exhibit a strong foundation in photo-realistic traditional and digital art with an emphasis on natural landscapes.
• Extensive knowledge of various matte painting techniques
• A high proficiency in Photoshop and display an understanding of 2d compositing software and 3d projection work in Maya and Nuke to enable the integration to be at the highest level. Other software skills that would be an advantage would include Shake and Vue.
•A strong knowledge of camera focal lengths and a good sense of composition.
• The ability to produce concept art that conveys the style, lighting and character of the brief would be an advantage.
•A willingness to pass knowledge to other staff members and to work collaboratively within a team.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website at http://www.animallogic.com