Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > Jobs
Reload this Page Matte Paintings for Apocalyptic Short Film
Jobs Matte Painting Jobs

Matte Paintings for Apocalyptic Short Film
(#1)
Old

Default Matte Paintings for Apocalyptic Short Film - 09-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Hi

My name is David Rusanow, I am currently looking for a digital Matte Painter for my film "The Picture Show at the End of the World". The film centers around two silent film stars/characters who are walking through a post apocalyptic landscape looking for a cinema. The majority of the film is silent (atmos, sound effects design etc) with maybe three lines of dialogue, and has a post war 1920's aesthetic. This is a student film and as such I can't offer much in the way of pay, but this is a visually rich film that would be a joy to design.

To see some stills from behind the scenes of the film check out;
http://iridiumetric.com/galleries/pi...ort/index.html

I'm looking for someone to create 3 matte paintings for the film. The major one is a crumbling old cinema that is surrounded by destroyed buildings. It would be structurally sound but with peeling paint and the lights would still be on on the now showing sign.
The second one would be a silhouette of a set of city buildings in the distance seen from under a bridge. The bridge would be destroyed and crumbling in parts.
The third one is of a Hospital sign hanging from a building this is a high angle shot from above as the two characters approach.
The third one is a simple set extension in a tunnel as a car drives through.

Let me know if this interests you and I can send you some stills of the shots and a compressed version of the film.

Cheers;

--
David Rusanow
Director/Director of Photography
drusanow@gmail.com

P.S: I am located in Melbourne, Australia but am happy to hear from overseas interest.

Last edited by DavidRusanow; 09-10-2009 at 01:15 PM..
Apocalyptic Short Film
(#2)
Old

Default Apocalyptic Short Film - 10-03-2009, 05:31 PM

Hi

I have already got a matte painter on board through this post, and am now in the compositing stage of the VFX.
I Just wanted to thank everyone who sent me an email in regards to the matte paintings, the response was amazing. I'd also like to say the quality of work that people were sending me was of an amazing standard. Keep up the great work people and I hope to work with some of you in the future.
Hopefully Chris Duncan the matte painter I got on board will be able to post some of the work from the film up on this site for people to see as well.

Thanks again;

David Rusanow