Scanline VFX Los Angeles is hiring Matte Painter for Killer shots on “2012” -
10-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Scanline VFX Los Angeles is hiring Matte Painter for Killer shots on “2012”
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the final artistic rendition of an environment or elements within the vision set forth by the VFX Supervisor
• Works with live action footage, digital photos, CG elements and digital paint to create strong compositions and mood
• Capable of high end photo real CG landscapes
• Matte painting implementations includes mostly complex multi-layered 3D projections, very few 2D backdrops
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• Minimum 3 year matte painting experience in a production environment
• Experience with advanced matte painting techniques including, appropriate layering, scene management and reference gathering
• Excellent skills in Photoshop and BodyPaint 3D, open to other programs
• Good knowledge of the basic principles of 2D texture projections in 3ds Max, Maya or similar 3D application
• Technical experience in photography or lighting with an emphasis on color and composition
• UV mapping workflow experience a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
ScanlineVFX, Los Angeles is currently working on killer shots for Roland Emmerich's "2012". With a passion for the cutting edge and its Academy award winning effects software, "Flowline", ScanlineVFX is quickly becoming the go-to source for hardcore FX shots. Combining the best of artistry and technology, ScanlineVFX seeks out people with a solid blend of skills and the personality to match. Our past films include 300, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Iron Man, The Invasion and Poseidon.
To apply for any of our open positions, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to:
Jobs_la (at) scanlinevfx.com
or mail us a hard copy of your cover letter and resume, and your demo reel (DVD preferred) with a reel breakdown/shot list to:
RE: (please specify which position you are applying for)
12950 Culver Blvd.
Marina Del Rey, CA 90066
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are unable to return materials, so please don't submit originals.