Two time Academy Award winner for Achievement in Visual Effects and three time recipient of the Scientific and Technical Achievement award, Rhythm & Hues is uniquely poised for the demands of the highly competitive visual effects and character animation industry.
At the heart of Rhythm & Hues' success is its more than 20 year commitment to creating quality entertainment in a quality work environment.
A few current and upcoming feature projects include amongst others,
"The Incredible Hulk", "Mummy 3", "Land of the Lost", and "The Fast & The Furious 4".
POSITION: Matte Painter
DEPARTMENT: Art & Design Division
We are currently hiring experienced Matte Painters to join our strong VFX creative team. The Matte Painter reports to the VFX Supervisor and Art Director and will be responsible for creating matte paintings and concept art for high end VFX feature films. Positions are full time and at our studio in Playa Del Rey, CA. Projects range from 4 weeks to 6-12 months.
· Collaboration with Art Director on feature film matte paintings.
· Communicate and interact with other departments.
· Attend dailies and any job related tasks necessary for your painting.
· Must have previous feature film experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Must have high-level photo real painting experience and have the ability to match lighting and photo real characteristics of the plates supplied.
· Strong skill base and experience in Photoshop.
· Experience with 3D packages and projection painting is preferable.
· High skill level in painting, composition, perspective, and color.
· Experience painting mattes and set extensions.
· Must have problem solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Must be self-motivated and self-guided.
· Must know how to work with reference and work efficiently.
Qualified candidates please email or mail a cover letter, resume, reel and/or portfolio to:
Rhythm & Hues Studios
Re: Matte Painter position
5404 Jandy Place
Los Angeles, CA