MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > Articles
Reload this Page What 3d program is better ?
Articles Tips and Articles

(#11)
Old

Default 04-15-2008, 01:59 PM

Thank you again, Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by space-sprayer
Again, its not my business, but it did strike me whilst reading your post that you may need to hear that.
If I ask, I risk getting answered :-) I totally see your point. And thanks for the politeness in which you expressed such a reality-check.

Let's be frank: I don't have a high level. I can't do matte illustrations (yet). But considering my last jobs were extremely low paid and took most of my time, I thought I might as well try as a freelance illustrator. There is no such thing as a part-time job where I live: you spend at least eight hours a day for a salary of about 600 euros a month. If you have to make a pause for lunch you end up ten hours at work, plus the time spent going there and back. The result is there is almost no time left for improving your abilities. That is why I need to get "on track" so badly. If I have to work, I can't draw. If am going to spend lots of hours for a miserly salary, I'd rather spend those hours drawing. I don't exactly start from zero, I studied Art at the university and have a little ability already (nothing nowhere near "good", but away from beginner).

I am perfectly aware that I can't ask much money for my work. But a little money would let me go on until I get better. As little as, say, 400 euros a month would be enough. I dared to dream it was possible to make it in a year. Because I take for granted that guys like Alex Jenyon or yourself make more than that. If you make less than 1000 dollars a month, please tell me so and I'll go learn plumbing :D Well... correct me if I'm wrong, please. If I need to last two years drawing full-time, I'd better start preparing for it. I'll sell a kidney or something.