Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > General Discussions
Reload this Page Survey about Matte Painting Production Cost
General Discussions News, Chat ...

Survey about Matte Painting Production Cost
(#1)
Old

Default Survey about Matte Painting Production Cost - 08-20-2013, 04:41 PM

Hi everybody,

Right now Iím researching the financial aspects of matte painting production for my Masters dissertation at Teesside University, UK. Very little has been written about this topic so Iím turning directly to professional matte painters around the world to include their personal experiences in my research.

I would very much appreciate if you could take the time to complete a survey to help me collect the information I need. In return I can make my dissertation public once it's completed. The survey will only be public for another week so please complete it as soon as you can.

To take the survey, click on this link or copy and paste it into your browser:
http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?s...srliia0d309185

Many thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Samuel Nordius
(#2)
Old

Default 08-26-2013, 06:08 AM

Hi everyone,

I still need a few more people to take the survey. The result of the research will be useful when doing jobs for productions with a tight budget. It could be for television, music videos, short films, etc.

My hypothesis is that matte painting could be used much more in many types of productions but that many film and TV producers avoid it because they think it has to cost a lot. My research will show that there is a wide range of options varying from very expensive to very affordable. By identifying the various types of techniques used by matte painters, as well as the approximate individual cost of each technique, it should become possible to make a clear chart of matte painting types that are currently affordable even for projects with a lower budget.

If more producers become aware of the affordable possibilities available to them, the use of matte paintings in all types of productions should increase. If I'm right, this could change the way producers think about matte painting and lead to many new small and quick matte painting jobs with a good hourly payment.

To collect the data needed for this research, matte painters from around the world need to contribute with their knowledge. I therefore ask the members of this community to take the time to complete my survey.

To the survey: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/ren...srliia0d309185

Last edited by Samuel Nordius; 08-26-2013 at 06:16 AM..
(#3)
Old

Default 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM

I will take a look at your survey.
You should take a look at Garret Fry website (www.gfryart.com). He is also into show mattepainting advantages in production.

cheers
(#4)
Old

Default 08-30-2013, 02:26 AM

Thanks for your recommendation, Indigo! I'm well aware of Garret Fry's great contribution to the matte painting community. I might mention his website in my dissertation.