MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Showcase > Artists Showcase
Reload this Page Morning in Waterfalls Forest with castle/Palace
Artists Showcase Final, Finished Work Only (NO WIP, NO Critique)

Morning in Waterfalls Forest with castle/Palace
(#1)
Old

Default Morning in Waterfalls Forest with castle/Palace - 06-26-2011, 09:40 AM

Hello,This is my first post on MattePainting.org & it's my latest Matte Painting.Hope you like it ! Please your comments are very importants for me.Thanks.
-Rajat

Last edited by Rajat Chauhan; 06-26-2011 at 11:21 PM..
(#2)
Old

Default 06-26-2011, 11:35 AM

Can you post the actual image, not a link to another thread on another website?

If you aren't entirely sure how to do this, there's a sticky thread about it HERE

AJ

Head of 3D Digital Matte Painting: MPC Vancouver
Personal Website
(#3)
Old

Default 06-26-2011, 11:17 PM

Ok,Sorry for this.Actually this is my first time on this site & now I'm uploading it again using imageshake.I'm uploading the forum code from image shake. Thanks.
(#4)
Old

Default 07-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Hello Alex But you didn't comment on my matte painting whether it's good or bad.......
(#5)
Old

Default 07-02-2011, 10:11 AM

It's definitely got some issues at the moment, in that it looks like a theatrical stage set made of painted 'flats', each one directly facing the camera.

Each individual layer on it's own looks great, if a bit painterly / illustrative. But each one is lit from a different direction, and looks separate from each other layer.

The foreground layer looks like a backlit silhouette, as if the sun was shining directly towards us. But then the next layer (the castle) is lit from a front 3/4 angle, and the surrounding cliffs are front lit. Then the final background layer has the sun in the dead centre of frame, yet also has light falling on it from the right.

The final result looks 'pretty', but not realistic - have a look at some real-world scenes / photos, and see if you can find anything that looks like this!

Hope that helps

AJ

Head of 3D Digital Matte Painting: MPC Vancouver
Personal Website
(#6)
Old

Default 07-02-2011, 10:54 PM

Yes, you are absolutely Right.I found your comment extremely Helpful.I posted my work on some another sites also but everyone is saying that "it's nice", "beautifull", " wow" etc.but only one person at 3dtotal site commented on lighting that lighting is wrong.But I didn't find any comment helpfull or right.Beacuse, I was also not purely satisfied & Happy from my work but also unable to find that why ?After realising your comment I reached to this stage that I think that I have the lake of Composition like placements of elements ,Focal Point & proportions & second is Lighting & Color.SO I'll keep all your comments in mind & I'll do work hard & Right Practice.So Please May you suggest any learning resource of comp,light/color & so on so that I can improve my skills ? Alex.... You have solved my confusion about my work & I found that mattepainting.org is Great site for improving our skills. Thanks Again.
-Rajat.