MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > Training Resources
Reload this Page Creating an Epic Matte Painting Shot, Advanced Techniques with Igor Staritsin
Training Resources DVD, Books...

Creating an Epic Matte Painting Shot, Advanced Techniques with Igor Staritsin
(#1)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to shamanik Send a message via Skype™ to shamanik
Default Creating an Epic Matte Painting Shot, Advanced Techniques with Igor Staritsin - 10-22-2015, 04:27 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I'm extremely happy to announce that my gnomon tutorial was released yesterday!

It's 464 minutes length tutorial that covers everything that one has to know in order to become a strong matte-painter! I wanted to make this tutorial different from other ones in the library. Demonstrating artistic essentials that will help aspiring artists improve their paintings by paying attention to the necessary details and subordinating the rest. I'm constantly referring to traditional art and fundamentals, since I believe the secret of successful art lies in there and one cannot have too much knowledge of that!

I also show a lot of technical aspects such as modeling architectural pieces, creating waterfalls in Maya using fluid system, modeling geometry for projection and setting up camera projection in Nuke. In the end, I'm working on final comp establishing the final look of the shot!

This lecture will definitely be useful and helpful for artists of all the levels. Beginners will be able to get in depth understanding of how things work overall, whereas in hands of experienced painters this can be a great source of new tips and tricks along with new high-end techniques for their matte paintings and shots!

Make sure you purchase the tutorial from here -

Creating an Epic Matte Painting Shot, Advanced Techniques with Igor Staritsin

Thanks everyone!

Igor Staritsin
Senior Matte Painter | Concept Designer
igorstaritsin.com