Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > Training Resources
Reload this Page Matte Painting for Games Video Tutorial
Training Resources DVD, Books...

Matte Painting for Games Video Tutorial
(#1)
Old

Default Matte Painting for Games Video Tutorial - 06-22-2013, 01:52 AM

Hey guys,

I recently partnered up with VFX Workshops to produce a Matte Painting for Games tutorial that will take you through how I create high quality matte paintings for film and games.
Intended for beginning to intermediate painters, this video tutorial will take you through the entire matte painting process from designing a shot all the way through to the final painting. I discuss composition and design and the principles that create strong focal areas by leading the viewers eye and micro-composition from master artists to gathering reference for study and use in your painting. I demonstrate many techniques I use to create successful matte paintings, from photo manipulation, color correction and hand painting techniques. You’ll learn how to stylize your painting, create depth and mood through lighting and atmosphere and create drama in your shots. Whether you’re doing concept art or matte paintings for film or games, these essential steps and techniques will help you design and create artwork at the highest professional quality.

To view an introduction to the video visit:
http://vfxworkshops.com/anthony-eftekhari/