MPC are currently looking to recruit Senior Lighting TD's to work on various projects on short term contracts.
We have 4 excellent projects that are sure to interest you and push your skills.
• Light and render CG elements to match live action footage using MPC's standardized toolset.
• Manage render scene's, elements and assets.
• Composite rendered CG elements and live action for daily progress reviews.
• Technically and creatively maintain consistent shot quality and look for sequences as specified by lighting supervisor and CG supervisor.
• Develop shots in collaboration with shot compositor.
• Deliver renders according to agreed deadlines and schedules and specifications.
• Support lighting lead with technical and creative supervision.
• Support lighting and rendering pipeline for shots and sequences.
• Look development of rendered CG objects across shots and sequences.
• Monitor daily progress together with lead lighting TD and supervisors.
• Maintain daily routines, review processes and development cycles.
• Work with production to create schedules and project targets.
• Reports to lead lighter & supervisors.
Experience and Skills:
• Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG rendering and compositing.
• Good team leading ability's
• Good communication skills.
• Proven experience in leading / managing a team of artists.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Shading and lighting & rendering terminology.
• Very good understanding of production pipelines.
• Very good knowledge of a renderer such as Mental Ray or Renderman.
• Very good knowledge of a compositing software.
• Proven production experience in a large feature film production environment.
• Thorough understanding of computer graphics and the visual effects process.
• General understanding of linux / unix based operating systems
• Some understanding of programming / software development.
• TCL, MEL, Perl and Python, programming also an advantage.
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Application Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.
Alternatively send your CV and reel link to Millie Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org