MPC is a world leading visual effects and animation facility based in Soho, central London. Our features division is seeking a Junior Character Finishing TDs from either visual-effects or feature-animation backgrounds. A Character Finishing TD works on a variety of creatures adding subtle touches to bring realism and life.
* Building FX rigs for both cloth and fur Dynamic simulations for a variety of creatures
* Shot specific Character Finishing, custom grooms, custom animation fixes, and fur dynamics, and cloth adjustments.
* To organize their time, collaborate, and effectively communicate with their supervisors and team members.
* Creating realistic/ naturalistic results
* Problem solving any character related issues after animation
* Recognised experience in feature film production.( graduates level is also available)
Experience and skills required:
* Recognised experience in feature film production.(for senior position, graduates level is also available)
* Good communication skills are extremely important to enable you to liaise between different departments.
* An understanding of the processes for look development, attention to detail, and problem solving.
* Knowledge of 3D animation tools (preferably Maya).
* Generalist skills with an emphasis on. Cloth, Rigging, muscle dynamics, and animation experience would be an advantage.
* Experience working directly with supervisors and clients is a plus.
* Python and MEL scripting experience an advantage
* Previous experience as a character TD or cloth TD an advantage
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Application Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment. (An August start date is pencilled in).
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are interested please apply online at: