Start Date - Immediate
We are currently seeking a Systems Developer to join our Software team to develop and maintain tools to help manage our critical technical resources. Working closely with our team to top-notch systems administrators and developers you will work on projects such as managing hundreds of TBs of high performance storage, increasing efficiency of our render farm and improving management of our overall system operations.
This role would suit an experienced system administrator looking to take on a development role, or an experienced developer wanting to get more involved in system operations.
* Work with the Systems and Software teams to develop, maintain and support in-house tools with a particular focus on data management
* Ensure systems software can continue to scale reliably
* Help drive the strategy for our in-house system operations tools
* Troubleshooting issues that affect production
* Help identify upcoming business requirements, recommend and implement solutions, and provide input for the design of next generation technology.
* Maintain documentation for in-house software
* Ensure software written is compliant with in-house coding standards.
* Improve quality of software, implement automated tests for software developed
Essential Skills and Experience:
* At least 3 years experience of scripting language development in either Perl or Python in a Linux or UNIX environment.
* Proven experience of working on complex projects involving networking, databases, large data structures and generally pushing the limits.
* Strong database development skills, ideally MySQL, with experience of techniques such as replication, proxies and sharding
* Good knowledge of Linux including NFS, rsync, Apache, networking, backup techniques
* Experience of developing with SOA / web services
* Know your way around version control systems like Subversion and git.
* Good knowledge of low level systems development with C, system calls, make, patch etc.
* Pro-active approach to solving problems, improving systems.
* An enthusiasm for understanding how we make high end VFX and how we can make it better.
* Great communication skills, able to talk to technical peers and non-technical users alike and gain their trust and respect.
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the movie industry at the leading edge of VFX production, continually pushing the limits of technology. If you are interested please apply online at: