MPC is looking for a senior software architect and developer to join the infrastructure group within our Software team. Over recent MPC has grown from a London based VFX production house to a global organisation with offices in Vancouver, LA, New York and Bangalore.
As we continue to transform our software stack to support the growing business, we are looking for a person to help redesign our underlying database schemas to enable a truly global view of our metadata. Our databases are core to our entire business; from production scheduling tasks, VFX assets, to storing statistical information of our high performance compute farm stats. On a daily basis we generate, maintain and analyse terabytes of a multitude of different, large datasets. Storing and classifying these datasets within our custom asset management systems and providing high performance, stable and robust interfaces for our users and applications around the world is critical to our continuing success and this new position will play an important role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* As part of a team, design and develop software for core services.
* Develop next-generation in-house digital- asset/content management system
* Developing next generation of our multi-site replication setup
* Analyse and improve existing database schemas
* Deployment of these systems across multiple facilities
* Maintaining and providing support for these systems
* Working with Systems team to ensure software and infrastructure are developed hand in hand to maximise performance and reliability.
* Proven experience with developing business critical, highly scalable database systems processing high volumes of transactions.
* Experience of all aspects of the development process of such systems from design, development, deployment to maintenance and support.
* Digital asset management systems experience would be an advantage.
* Computer Science graduate
* Solid development experience with Python, C++ and RDBMS such as MySQL.
* Systems administration experience with UNIX/Linux systems,
if you are interested, please apply online at: