MPC are seeking experienced TDs with a background or interest in Crowd simulation, procedural animation or motion capture to join our Crowd team. The successful applicants will use ALICE, MPC's proprietary Maya-based crowd layout and simulation toolset, to populate cities, choreograph battles, wrangle herds and generally inject multitudinous life into a number of exciting upcoming feature films.
Crowd TDs must be flexible and adapt too many different requirements within the same system, including bipededs or multipeds, winged or finned, humans, animals or fantastical creatures.
• Produce realistic animation: ranging from several individuals to several thousand autonomous agents, using standard Maya techniques in conjunction with a sophisticated simulation framework.
• Have a solid understanding of the crowd pipeline from start to finish.
• Ability to help setup the basic pipeline needs for the show and address of other departments such as Lighting.
• Participate in dailies and desk rounds, and willingness to take direction as well as work independently to address feedback and problem solve.
• Deliver on schedule and meet deadlines, and work under pressure if required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Leads, and work collaboratively as part of a team.
Experience and Skills:
• Broad working knowledge of 3D and 2D generalist skills, including aspects of modelling, layout, animation, scripting, lighting, fx and compositing, and an ability to work closely with people in related disciplines.
• Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast or games.
• Intermediate-Advanced level user of Maya, or similar 3D package.
• Mel and/or Python scripting ability is invaluable, C++, Lua or similar programming experience advantageous.
• Good eye for realistic movement, behaviour and layout both in individuals and crowds.
• Familiarity with simulation techniques and technology, not just in crowds but also cloth, physics & fluids.
• Familiarity with at least one film compositing application (Shake and/or Nuke preferred), and a good understanding of the compositing process.
• Good computer skills, particularly with the UNIX/Linux command line.
• Familiarity with MASSIVE or other crowd simulation packages would be beneficial, but not essential.
• Experience with development of intelligent particle/crowd/flocking systems is an advantage.
• A general understanding of the whole visual effects pipeline and familiarity with standard 3D and 2D tools is also very beneficial.
Salary: Competitive remuneration package
Application Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
• To apply please check our website out and apply online - http://www.moving-picture.com/index....jobslondonfilm
• Any other questions please mail firstname.lastname@example.org