Two time Academy Award winner for Achievement in Visual Effects and three time recipient of the Scientific and Technical Achievement award, Rhythm & Hues is uniquely poised for the demands of the highly competitive visual effects and character animation industry.
At the heart of Rhythm & Hues' success is its more than 20 year commitment to creating quality entertainment in a quality work environment.
A few current and upcoming feature projects include amongst others, "Hop", "X-Men: First Class" and "Life of Pi".
POSITION: TEXTURE SUPERVISOR
Responsible for the continual improvement of our texture painting workflow, tools and staff. Will be involved in the day-to-day Texture Department operations as well as identifying and recommending innovative, cutting edge techniques and processes. This person would texture paint on projects as needed. This position reports to the Lighting Department manager
· Maintain excellent communication with the Texture Department with focus on staff development and education.
· Collaborate with the Lighting and Modeling Departments to identify standards for the texture workflow.
· Work with Pipeline Department to implement innovative and efficient texture workflow and processes.
· Establish and maintain Department standards.
· Maintain high quality of work produced by Department.
· Organize and manage repository of Texture Department textures and data.
· Conduct R&D and evaluate new software and hardware technologies.
· Oversee creation of Texture Department related documentation.
· Direct and mentor Department Texture Painters.
· Continuous evaluation of software and hardware advances.
· Assist with education and training of new Texture Painters.
· Evaluate potential new texture artists (interviews/reel reviews).
Required Skills/Experience :
· 5 yrs of texture painting experience on feature films.
· Experience in large studio environments.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Extremely proficient with commercial 2D and 3D paint packages.
· Familiarity with modeling and proper uvs.
· Familiarity with digital matte projection techniques and photogrammetry.
· Familiarity with expanded bit-depth images.
· Familiarity with film color management issues.
· Familiarity with 3D lighting.
· Comfortable in windows and unix environments.
Candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and website to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please reference the title of the position in your subject line.
Please note that due to the large amount of submissions, we are unable to respond to your submission. If there is an interest, we will contact you directly.