FILTER is looking for a Matte Painter/Illustrator for a contract position on our client’s studio team. This is an onsite position in Seattle, WA.
You must be a highly creative and talented digital Illustrator for interactive games in order to land this great gig.
Our ideal candidate has advanced Photoshop painting technique in addition to the traditional mastery of composition, color theory and draftsmanship. We’re looking for someone with the creativity to visualize a scene, the ability to create a detailed thumbnail, and the experience to guide that scene through production. If your matte paintings have solid composition and awe-inspiring lighting, then we’d love to hear from you. Come work in an energetic, creative and collaborative environment where everyone works closely together to accomplish common goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Combining painting skill, photography and basic 3D modeling to create highly detailed and unified artwork
• Taking designs and building them out into usable assets for the development team
• Creating and composing scenes and images that draw players into the experience
• Integrating with other artists across the project and being mindful of maintaining the brand
• Going beyond basic requirements to provide vision and artistic direction
• Working with a team of game designers and developers to create concept art
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
• Professional portfolio
• Bachelors degree in Art
• Extremely fluent in and efficient in Photoshop
• Experience with Maya
• 3+ years of applicable work experience
• Solid demonstrated mastery of composition and lighting
• Demonstrated experience with the full creative cycle on software product
• Self-driven motivator that takes initiative on projects and can triage tasks as needed
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills in a rapidly changing dev environment
• Experience using a source-control system such as Subversion or Perforce
• Familiarity with a bug reporting system such as JIRA
• Applicants must be open to performing an art test
A BIT ABOUT FILTER
FILTER is a full-service creative resources company that connects industry-leading companies with the very best creative talent throughout the West Coast. Offering both creative staffing services and interactive media design and production, FILTER helps clients to make their ideas a reality and complete their projects with more speed, flexibility and cost efficiency. The company is headquartered in Seattle and has branch offices in Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. FILTER has been serving the creative community, including top consumer brands and technology companies as well as leading design, advertising and interactive agencies, for the past two decades.
To apply, please register at www.filtertalent.com
and complete a personal profile in order to express interest in this position: http://www.filtertalent.com/Professi...SEA&m=j&id=230
We will review your resume and portfolio and contact you if your skills and experience appear to be a good fit.
FILTER is an equal opportunity employer.