Double Negative - TD Generalist -
07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Key Purpose of the Job:
To handle any general 3d tasks required. We would expect a broad knowledge that covers as many areas of 3d as possible, or at least the basics (modelling, texturing, animation, lighting and rendering).
Needs to Do
Cover the more general 3d tasks such as modelling, animation, texturing, lighting and rendering. At times, they may be asked to learn a proprietary system or a new piece of software, and we would expect them to be flexible enough to handle this.
Needs to Know
• Thorough knowledge of the principles of 3D (animation, FX, modelling, texturing, lighting, scripting, shading, rendering, rigging). We appreciate that the candidate may have varying levels of knowledge in these fields.
• Full working knowledge of Maya and/or Houdini.
• You would need to be comfortable with the more technical aspects of CG work, and have a good sense of the artistic side as well. Programming or scripting skills (e.g. mel, python) would be beneficial, but not essential.
• Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical post production environment.
• Minimum of 1 years experience on feature films. Experience in other areas of visual effects (TV, games) would also be taken into account.
Needs to be
• Team oriented
Measures of Performance
• On time delivery
• Continuous improvement
To apply, please send your cv and showreel, (on DVD), through to:
77 Shaftesbury Avenue