Job Title: Matte Painter
Company: Uncharted Territory LLC
Location: Columbia Pictures lot, Culver City, CA
Position: Full time
Timeline: Immediate – April 2009
We are looking for…
…an outstanding Matte Painter for Roland Emmerich's "2012" in-house VFX unit.
…someone who has the ability and desire to work directly with our Oscar winning VFX Supervisors to come up with solutions for the assigned shots and realize the vision of the director.
• Demonstrated artistic ability, please provide:
o Shot breakdowns
o A demo reel illustrating photorealistic matte painting skills
• Strong foundation in painting, composition, perspective, and color.
• Must have high-level photo real painting experience and have the ability to match lighting and photo real characteristics of the plates supplied.
• Experience painting mattes for set extensions.
• Expert 2D skills in Photoshop with 3D experience preferably in 3DS Max.
• Experience working on 2.5D scenes and camera projections preferable.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. 100% team player.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
• An eagle eye when it comes to attention to detail.
• 3 References (at least one must be a past supervisor).
Please send resumes, breakdowns and links to online demos with your full name and “Matte Painter” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you! Do not attach images or movie files to your email because they will get filtered out. Do attach a resume as a .doc or .pdf. If you prefer to send hard copies, you can submit them to:
Recruiting - "Farewell Atlantis"
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Capra Bldg. Ste 2500
Culver City, CA 90232
Submitted materials will not be returned and no phone calls please. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.