MattePainting.Org
HOME Gallery Store FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MattePainting.Org > Resources > Articles
Reload this Page Quality printing for digital painting?
Articles Tips and Articles

(#11)
Old

Default 04-13-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsu

Erm... What do you need prints for?
I need prints for my portfolio, that will live on HR desk at big size companies such as ILM or Weta Workshop, after interview with them. Matte painting is an artwork, professional artwork needs to be hard covered, if artist serious about what he does. Professional expecting certain standards from artists, again, at big size companies, companies who manage to develope intellectual property.

I'm not selling prints of my artwork, on business basis, but I did sold few prints of what my artwork, I also always like to have hard copy for my work, it feels like "it was there and now I can touch it, Cleopatra"

Portfolio
Credits
Ars longa, vita brevis - Art (work) is long, but life is short (Latin Quotes)
(#12)
Old

Default 04-14-2008, 03:08 AM

Thank you. I also like to see my works printed, though I used my common A4 EPSON with a good quality paper.

I was wondering... Do you get most of your jobs with the paper portfolio, or by website? I live in a city which is horrendously connected and had put great hopes in e-marketing: I hope losing the paper portfolio doesn't close that many doors.
(#13)
Old

Default 04-14-2008, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Grad
I also always like to have hard copy for my work, it feels like "it was there and now I can touch it, Cleopatra"
Thats a great quote!

Never underestimate the value of a good print. Prints are going to be in a colour space you have controlled and can lie on a desk from which they will catch the eye of someone passing by. My experience has been that clients and potential clients can get quite fetishlike about prints that they can hold and posess.

Jim
(#14)
Old

Default 04-15-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwell
Never underestimate the value of a good print. Prints are going to be in a colour space you have controlled and can lie on a desk from which they will catch the eye of someone passing by. My experience has been that clients and potential clients can get quite fetishlike about prints that they can hold and posess.
Good to know. I'll invest in that printer, then.