Matte Painter - photo realistic - feature film
Photon is an independent Australian VFX company specialising in visual effects and animation for feature film and television production for both international and local clients.
We are currently looking for an experienced senior film Matte Painter with extensive photo-real digital painting skills to work on a high-profile feature-film. This position commences immediately, is location based with relocation package available.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop with a focus on live-action plate integration, compositing, colour space, perspective & depth and lighting techniques.
• Superb eye for detail with proven experience in creating realistic work that supports the
• Prior feature film experience of 3+ years is essential.
• Ability to utilise a variety of painting techniques and source files to create final paintings.
• Experience with 3d modeling (maya, terragen, vue etc) and 2.5D camera projection techniques is desirable.
• Able to follow direction of Art Director and also work independently to achieve rapid results.
Send examples of your work or a link to:
with the words "Matte Painter" in the subject line.
Call +61 7 5502 5222 for more information.
Pls see www.photonvfx.com
for available positions.