DreamWorks Dedicated Unit, India hiring Matte Painting Supervisor
DreamWorks Dedicated Unit, India (DDU) in recent times has contributed on DreamWorks features such as Puss –in – Boots, Madagascar 3 – Europe’s most wanted and the upcoming Rise of the Guardians.
DDU is looking for a Matte Painting Supervisor. It will be a 2 year engagement, DDU will take care of the visa.
DDU reel link: https://vimeo.com/50970882
About DDU link: https://vimeo.com/32071503
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Create the necessary look as designed by the Director(s), VFX Supervisor, and Production Designer(s) within budget parameters.
• Manage the complexity and renders of assigned matte painting sequences.
• Participate in launches and approval meetings by clarifying direction and creative goals and ensures that technical and budgetary requirements are met.
• Offer suggestions and alternatives during dailies or other creative reviews to achieve the desired vision within the 3D production process.
• Translate 2D paintings to 3D geometry.
• Bid the schedule along with the VFX Supervisor and Production Supervisor. Collaborate with Production Supervisor regarding progress and setbacks of Matte Painters as it relates to the original bid.
• Partner with Production Management and VFX Supervisor to ensure that requests from Directors are prioritized and provide solutions that can be accomplished within the production schedule.
• Supervise Matte Painters, Matte Painting Compositors and Matte Painting TD for their assigned shows.
• Proactively maintain a consistent working methodology by actively sharing tips and tricks between shows, partnering with other department heads and staying current on other shows’ development and initiative while staying abreast of the various tools.
• Work closely with the Production Supervisor to manage the department, create the schedule and ensure quotas/deadlines are met for both shots and sequences.
• Work with the Production Supervisor to cast shots/assignments.
Desired Skills & Experience
• 2+ years of previous experience as a Matte Painting Supervisor and/or Lead Matte Painter
• 5+ years of feature film experience
• Animation production experience a plus
• Understanding of 3D camera projections.
• Professional mastering of the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, Maya, Vue and compositing tools
• Experience with 3D animation systems and compositing a plus.
• Ability to establish priorities, work within a group as well as lead
• Strong communication skills
• Demo Reel/Website of work accompanied by a breakdown of what you did in each shot and what tools you used
• Traditional painting portfolio and/or personal work portfolio REQUIRED
Dream Works Dedicated Unit
Technicolor India in association with DreamWorks Animation SKG established DreamWorks Dedicated Unit in 2008; DreamWorks Dedicated Unit (DDU) is as an exclusive unit for the execution of DreamWorks Animation (DWA) projects within Technicolor India in Bangalore. DDU seamlessly integrates with DWA and uses technologies (tools and pipeline) that are proprietary to DWA. Under the supervision of the DreamWorks creative/technology/production management leadership, the best animation talent in India along with an experienced overseas crew here at DDU has successfully delivered quality work at par with DWA.
With strength of about 240 employees, DDU has to its credits three TV specials(Merry Madagascar, Scared Shrekless & Madly Madagascar), 3 DVD projects(Shrek 4 DVD, Spooky Stories and Puss in Boots DVD) and has just completed a significant chunk of work on its first FEATURE project Puss in Boots, Madagascar 3 and Rise of the Guardians. Currently working on multiple projects including a feature project, DDU promises a stimulating work environment with challenging problems to solve and exciting work to do.
Job Location : Bangalore, India
Contact :If you are interested, please email your resume and reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.