Matte Painting Suervisor- DreamWorks Animation
DreamWorks Animation is seeking a Matte Painting Supervisor to supervise the Matte Painting team, design, develop and produce digital matte paintings.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
· Create the necessary look as designed by the Director(s), VFX Supervisor, and Production Designer(s) within budget parameters.
· Manage the complexity and renders of assigned matte painting sequences.
· Participate in launches and approval meetings by clarifying direction and creative goals and ensures that technical and budgetary requirements are met.
· Offer suggestions and alternatives during dailies or other creative reviews to achieve the desired vision within the 3D production process.
· Translate 2D paintings to 3D geometry.
· Bid the schedule along with the VFX Supervisor and Production Supervisor. Collaborate with Production Supervisor regarding progress and setbacks of Matte Painters as it relates to the original bid.
· Partner with Production Management and VFX Supervisor to ensure that requests from Directors are prioritized and provide solutions that can be accomplished within the production schedule.
· Supervise Matte Painters, Matte Painting Compositors and Matte Painting TD for their assigned shows.
· Proactively maintain a consistent working methodology by actively sharing tips and tricks between shows, partnering with other department heads and staying current on other shows’ development and initiative while staying abreast of the various tools.
· Work closely with the Production Supervisor to manage the department, create the schedule and ensure quotas/deadlines are met for both shots and sequences.
· Work with the Production Supervisor to cast shots/assignments.
· 2+ years of previous experience as a Matte Painting Supervisor and/or Lead Matte Painter
· 5+ years of feature film experience
· Animation production experience a plus
· Understanding of 3D camera projections.
· Professional mastering of the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, Maya, Vue and compositing tools
· Experience with 3D animation systems and compositing a plus.
· Ability to establish priorities, work within a group as well as lead
· Strong communication skills
· Demo Reel/Website of work accompanied by a breakdown of what you did in each shot and what tools you used
· Traditional painting portfolio and/or personal work portfolio REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume, a link to your online reel, and a reel breakdown to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your subject line read “Matte Painting Supervisor - Your Name”
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.