Systems Support @ MPC London
MPC is one of the world's leading post production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for the advertising, music, television and feature film industries. The company works with and continually invests in new technologies, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team which develops and maintains the infrastructure on which all the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy in the Systems team for the position of Systems Support. The role offers the successful candidate unlimited potential to advance technical skills, offers experience with state-of-the-art technology and opportunity to learn from specialist digital media colleagues.
Primary responsibilities are
* Provide technical support for VFX Artists using mainly Linux workstations
* Taking ownership of and assisting the team with various evaluation, installation, development and decommissioning projects.
* Mentoring and training junior team members.
* Good working knowledge and interest in computer hardware, networking and operating systems. Specifically Linux.
* Previous systems administration or IT help desk experience.
* Candidates should give examples of the level of experience with different operating systems and hardware.
* A degree is not required but enthusiasm, interest and the ability to learn quickly and think on your feet is essential.
* Excellent communication, people skills, and team working skills.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity.
* Previous administration experience on Linux / BSD / Mac OS X based computers.
* Scripting languages: bash, tcsh, perl or python.
* Enthusiasm and a commitment to learn and get involved in departmental activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then apply online.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.