Jr./Sr. Mattepainters for immediate start
Bit Theory is looking for local mattepainters (Orange County surrounding and Los Angeles).
Due to motion picture confidentiality the artist must be in house and local.
With a focus on the aesthetics and techniques of photo-realistic image creation, this position as a mattepaint artist entitles responsibility for painting photo real environments, elements and textures for matching into live action plates.
Mattepaintings can be created from scratch or sampled from photos or any other artwork necessary to match the surfaces of existing live action footage.
A strong understanding and sympathy for real world materials and lighting is essential and must be demonstrated in the work on your reel.
Artists will work closely with the compositors and therefore must have a basic knowledge of compositing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work alongside the production team to establish schedules and technical requirements.
• Works in partnership with artists and compositors to ensure that the shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
• Design and construct Maya and Nuke environment scenes to develop and animate the 3D digital matte paintings, according with the visual and technical standards defined with the Compositing Lead.
• Improve his or her knowledge and understanding of Bit Theory's pipeline.
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required at Minimum:
• Should have one to three years experience in creating matte paintings for commercials, TV or feature films.
• Knowledge of traditional art skills and techniques: composition, color, lighting; drawing, painting, photography.
• Deep understanding of UV texturing and camera mapping techniques.
• Autodesk Maya: Basic knowledge of hard surface modeling and general software interface.
• Good knowledge of The Foundry Nuke (or any other node based compositing software).
• Capacity to work collaboratively with other Matte Painters, Technical Directors and Compositors.
• Excellent learning and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and follow through skills with the ability to handle complex projects within a fast paced, dynamic, deadline driven environment, according to leads and supervisors expectations.
• Creative problem solving.
• Proactive and open to comments and critics approach.
• Proficiency with Eon Vue, Autodesk Mudbox or Pixologic Zbrush is a plus.
• Mel or Python scripting is a plus.
Please e-mail resume, demo reel and link to website to firstname.lastname@example.org
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:02 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.