Environment Artist – Mid@ MPC
The Mid-Level Environment Technical Directors are responsible for assisting senior Environment Technical Directors in the design, construction and management of Environment scenes, that match the photographic quality of the plates they are dealing with.
They must have a proactive approach and a broad technical and artistic knowledge that allows them to (co)develop a shot from an early stage to the the final renders, understanding and supporting the Digital Matte Painters and the Compositors that they might work with.
Although their main duties are related with the technical set-up of the shots, they have to be able to proficiently use Photoshop in order to manipulate the provided plates and photo references, creating the final images that need to be projected onto the geometry.
The Mid-Level Environment Technical Directors work under the guidance and direction of the project Lead, Head of Department and the show Supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist senior Environment TDs in the design, construction and release of Environment scenes.
• Check and release the renders, or the Nuke scripts for the comp department to gather.
• Regularly release dailies so that progress on a shot can be assessed.
• Attend dailies sessions and obtain feedback on dailies from supervisors.
• Report any day-to-day problems or concerns to the lead Environment TD on the show and any software issues to the appropriate support list.
• Work with the Environment HOD to improve the feature set and stability of our toolset.
• Improve his or her knowledge and understanding of MPC's Environment toolset and pipeline.
• Adequately document Environment practical methods, and ensure that documentation is available centrally for use by the Environment Department as a whole.
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required at Minimum:
• A Mid-Level Environment TD should have at least two years experience in Generalist/Environment work, either in commercials, TV or features.
• Basic understanding of Renderman compliant renders and LINUX.
• Autodesk Maya: Basic knowledge of hard surface modelling and general software interface, with a deep understanding of UV texturing and camera mapping techniques.
• proficiency with Adobe Photoshop.
• Basic knowledge of The Foundry Nuke (or any other node based compositing software).
• Good understanding and ability to manage composition, colour and lighting.
• Capacity to work collaboratively with other Technical Directors, Matte Painters and Compositors.
• learning and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle complex projects within a fast paced, dynamic, deadline driven environment, according to leads and supervisors expectations.
• Creative problem solving.
• Proactive and open to comments and critics approach.
• Mel or Python scripting is a plus.
• To apply please check our website out and apply online - http://www.moving-picture.com/index....jobslondonfilm
• Any other questions please mail firstname.lastname@example.org
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.