Matte Painting Supervisor - DreamWorks Animation
DreamWorks Animation is seeking a Matte Painting Supervisor for our Redwood City, CA studio to supervise the Matte Painting team, design, develop and produce digital matte paintings.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
* Create the necessary look as designed by show leadership.
* Manage the complexity and renders of assigned matte painting sequences.
* Participate in launches and approval meetings.
* Understand 3D camera projections.
* Translate 2D paintings to 3D geometry.
* Bid the schedule along with the VFX Supervisor and Production Supervisor.
* Supervise matte paint crew for their assigned shows.
* Help to maintain the directory structure, naming conventions and files.
* Interact with other departments to ensure elements work in the sequence and provide continuity.
* Professional mastering of the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, Maya, Vue and compositing tools.
* Appropriately elevate issues and solutions to Production Management effectively.
* Work with the Production Supervisor to cast shots/assignments.
* Responsible for managing the performance of artists on the team.
* Facilitate meetings with artists to keep the crew informed on show updates.
* 5+ years of feature film experience
* Animation production experience a plus
* Previous experience as a Matte Painting Supervisor and/or Lead Matte Painter
* Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Maya and Vue
* Experience with 3D animation systems and compositing a plus.
* Ability to establish priorities, work within a group as well as lead
* Strong communication skills
* Traditional painting portfolio and/or personal work portfolio REQUIRED
To apply, please send you resume, reel with breakdown to the address below. Or to apply online, please send your resume, website information and reel breakdown to email@example.com. Please use "Matte Painting Supervisor - Your Name" as the subject line of your email.
1000 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91201
Attn: Matte Painting Supervisor
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.