Previs Artist @ Double Negative
Double Negative is a full-service VFX facility capable of handling projects from initial design through on-set supervision and production to post-production. All key post-production technologies are available in-house to allow for maximum flexibility. Our R&D Department is constantly developing groundbreaking software to ensure we remain at the cutting edge of global VFX.
We are currently in production on John Carter Of Mars, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Paul, Captain America: The First Avenger and Attack The Block.
We are currently looking for talent previs artists to join our team!
* Job Title: Previs Artist
* Department: 3D
* Location: London
* Reports To: Head of Previs
Key Purpose of the Job
Create previs versions of sequences and shots that help support the director's intention via appropriate use of camera lenses &movement, composition, staging, motion blocking and editing.
Needs To Do
* Previs artists are tasked with producing creative &effective visual solutions to support both the story and technical requirements of films.
Needs To Know
* A good knowledge of film-making principles especially in regards to camera choices, clear staging and continuity cutting.
* A good knowledge of cinematic language, camera terminology and visual story-telling.
* A good knowledge of Maya is required – including modelling, rigging, shaders etc.
* Knowledge and experience in stereoscopic film-making a plus
* a degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Animation, Film-making or other related course.
Needs To Be
* Pro-active (identify possible creative/technical problems with sequences).
* Creative (come up with visual solutions to best communicate the director's intent to the audience).
* Efficient (find the fastest, simplest way to communicate an idea for discussion).
* Able to take direction and feedback well from a supervisor.
* Team oriented.
* Adaptable and flexible (previs can take many different forms both creatively and technically depending on the needs of the production).
* Accepting of change, multiple iterations and even tossing out of ideas and starting from scratch.
Measures of Performance
* On time delivery.
* Creative, story-focussed, film-making solutions.
If you are interested please apply online at http://www.dneg.com/jobs/previs_artist_282.html
We look forward to hearing from you!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.