Senior FXTD @ MPC London
FX Technical Directors gather a variety of 3D assets produced by our Layout and Animation departments and use our cutting-edge proprietary toolset to create particle, rigid body, fluid, cloth, fur and hair simulations. Once approved, these are cached to disk. We then either apply lights and shaders using our in-house lighting toolkit to produce the final rendered image, or release the caches back into the pipeline to be lit and rendered by members of our Lighting department.
• Develops innovative, believable and beautiful solutions to challenging and complex problems.
• Uses an array of commercial and proprietary software tools to produce photorealistic simulations of real-world phenomena.
• Produces test and often final renders of FX elements for a shot.
• Creates working test composites for review by the supervision team.
• Works in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
Experience and skills:
• Proven experience in feature, commercials or broadcast visual effects production (or plenty of raw talent if you're a recent graduate), with a showreel to back this up. Experience in live action FX work preferred.
• Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics.
• Good understanding of the entire visual effects process: shooting, layout, matchmoving, modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, FX, lighting and compositing.
• A basic understanding of physics: newtonian mechanics is the bread and butter of FX work.
• An eye for visual effects work: the ability to analyse an image and determine what needs to be done to improve it, in terms of both aesthetics and believability. The ability to blend art and science in the pursuit of superlative visual effects.
• The ability to think clearly and creatively under pressure.
• Good proficiency with Autodesk Maya, our primary 3D package.
• Strong scripting skills, in MEL, Python or preferably both. C/C++ programming and shell scripting abilities are also valuable.
• Working knowledge of Pixar's PRMan renderer preferred, although experience with other renderers may be considered.
• Familiarity with at least one film compositing application (Shake and/or Nuke preferred), and a solid understanding of the compositing process.
• Good computer skills, particularly with the UNIX/Linux command line.
Please apply below:
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.