ILM Digital Matte Artists Openings at ILM
Job Title: Digimatte Artist
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Letterman Digital Arts Center
City: San Francisco
Digital Matte Artists have the ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes exhibiting a strong foundation in photo-realistic traditional and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. Performs tasks related to integrating added imagery into a shots, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color.
* Responsible for creating original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment.
* Using painting skills and animation software, creates 2D and 3D paintings for digital environments.
* Combines painting skills in animation software, with a knowledge of photography, practical and digital modeling, and design, to create 2D and 3D paintings for digital environments.
* Works closely with the Visual Effects Supervisor and Director of Photography to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements.
* Aids the Producers and Visual Effects Supervisors in developing accurate project bids.
* Provides photographic reference material.
* Builds physical models and scouts locations.
* A proficiency in Adobe Photoshop is required.
* Knowledge of still photography as well as 3D and compositing applications (such as Adobe After Effects, FormZ, Maya, and 3DS Max) are essential. Demo reel and/or portfolio required.
* Bachelor's degree in art, industrial design, theatrical design or painting preferred.
* Five or more years of related production experience with two years of feature film experience.
* Must have extensive knowledge of Matte Painting techniques and precise timing requirements to ensure accuracy of bids.
* Strong knowledge of camera focal lengths, good sense of composition and an understanding of different out-put requirements.
* Requires knowledge of 2D and 3D animation, software, and motion.
* Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, value matching 35 mm photography, flatbed scanning, and motion.
* Knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering programs.
* Understanding of 2D compositing software.
* Disk space management skills.
For more information please visit: https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com...&CurrentPage=1
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.