MattePainting.Org

MattePainting.Org (http://mattepainting.org/vb/index.php)
-   Artists Showcase (http://mattepainting.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A new website for matte artist Thomas Esmeralda (http://mattepainting.org/vb/showthread.php?t=453)

tesmeralda 03-01-2005 11:58 PM

A new website for matte artist Thomas Esmeralda

Hello mattepainting.org! I'm Thomas Esmeralda, and guess what? Yes, you guessed it: I'm a matte painter . . . As if this site needs yet another matte painter, right? But seriously: I've been painting professionally for nearly 10 years now, and my film credits include The Polar Expresss, Chronicles of Riddick, Shrek, Dungeons & Dragons - The Movie, ANTZ, and The Prince of Egpyt.

Here's my new website:

http://www.digitalscenics.com/

It's my first time to build a website, and I hope it's well received.

tobiasth 03-02-2005 07:33 AM

what can i say .... its so great!!! :shock:

looking forward for your demoreel :D

satch 03-02-2005 07:42 AM

Nice site. You have some great work on there. I noticed one broken link, the dropdown portfolio>feature film> dungeons and dragons link takes you to the shrek link.

Otherwise nicely done.

Satch

smooth 03-02-2005 07:53 AM

Wow. Very nice.
Curious...among the ten years you've been painting professionally...how long have you been using Photoshop for your mattes?
Can you post some high-res photos of your work.

Some links aren't working on your site though.
Thanks for posting.
+smooth+

homer 03-02-2005 09:11 AM

Nice web site and great portfolio.

I had a question, since you have been working on animation as well as live action,
Which one did you find more rewarding?
Or what were the differences? (Freedom, speed, limitation…)

Jensen 03-02-2005 09:51 AM

I was wondering who painted those mattes in Shrek, and thanks to this forum I can almost personally say, well done! Your website is very nicely designed as well. Are you freelancing or currently working at Imageworks?

I'm definitely looking forward to your future work! Thanks for sharing, and have a good one,

- Patrick

tesmeralda 03-02-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satch
Nice site. You have some great work on there. I noticed one broken link, the dropdown portfolio>feature film> dungeons and dragons link takes you to the shrek link.

Otherwise nicely done.

Satch

Thanks for the comments, especially the feedback on the broken link. I can't seem to find that broken link yet, and am curious: Did this just appear from one specific page (i.e. one of the individual project pages)? Also, are you using Explorer to browse? I was dealing with this exact "shrek link" problem for some time, but thought I was passed it.

I really appreciate hearing back about this stuff since I'm trying to get things running smoothly on the site. So, thanks again!

smooth 03-02-2005 12:05 PM

I used to design web pages. I'm familiar with html.
I'll take a look at your source code and let u know.

+smooth+

smooth 03-02-2005 12:33 PM

now i remember why I got out of that field. LOL.
Messy code dude. But It looks fine. your links page seems to point to a blank html page.

+smooth+

tesmeralda 03-02-2005 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smooth
now i remember why I got out of that field. LOL.
Messy code dude. But It looks fine. your links page seems to point to a blank html page.

+smooth+

I bet the code is pretty messy. I don't actually know squat about html. I'm using "Freeway" which is pretty much a "drag & drop" DTP-like website creation program (which is why I don't really know wha't going on under the hood). I can see why you got out of that field though . . .

I actually found the culprit causing the bad link, and it all seems to be working fine now. btw - the links page pointed you to a blank html page because I was in the middle of updating it at that time.

Thanks again for your concern.