||04-08-2005 01:09 PM
Scott Robertson DVD
- The first time I read about this DVD, I saw a quote from Ryan Church (Art Director at Lucas Film);
“ I'm struck by how effective these techniques are for generating pieces that would be unlikely or difficult to achieve any other way. I'm already incorporating what I've learned here into my design repertoire.”
When I watched the DVD, I realized that scott’s techniques are as unique as his paintings. He actually shows how to trigger your imagination to visualize and come up with new and unique ideas for environment design.
Although in the past I have heard or read about similar techniques, but seeing was what I needed to put everything in perspective.
Inside the DVD:
- The instructions are simple and easy to follow. You can also see settings and brushes, which he is using to modify different elements.
I have to add that he is a well-spoken teacher who is able to get his message across clearly.
- This DVD is for both beginners and professionals.
It includes step-by-step instructions for beginners and unique lecture for professionals.
One of the advantages of this DVD is that it also comes with:
- All the images used in the lecture[/*:m:2fmt5vx3]
- A set of 32 custom brush settings[/*:m:2fmt5vx3]
- And original resources, which you can use to create your own unique and never seen before environment[/*:m:2fmt5vx3]
The DVD starts with his introduction to marker-sketch-collage techniques which basically shows how he starts the painting on the paper.
He starts the process by some rough sketches. Then scans them inside Photoshop®.
- Then he creates a big composition with overlaying the sketches in different layers.
- At this stage he explains how to look and find environment elements in the main complex composition. And quickly he discovers 9 different unique compositions with their own color palette and he explains where to start and what to look for to change each of these compositions into an environment painting.
- He continues painting on each of the compositions to create 9 unique environment designs from caves to Sci-Fi Cityscapes.
My Conclusion :
- At the end he also shows how to use perspective guidelines to create a better result.
- This DVD shows the simplest way to be creative in your design.
It shows you how to create unique environment easily. It also creates the base of a color palette for the painting. But I’m not sure if it’s the best way to create color mood for that environment.
||12-02-2009 02:00 PM
Scott Robertson DVD
As ibbs.tv is now days down and I do not know the email ad of Mr. Lee, I would like to purchase his DVDs. Could anybody help me how to purchase these DVDs.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.