BG/Environment Artist Redwood City, CA
An EA partner is looking for a 3D artist with modeling and texturing abilities to do background-environmental-architectural art. Architectural and drafting experiences are assets, as are previous game experience and level design. Maya experience is a plus but not required.
The successful applicant must:
• Show an understanding of color theory and be able to create balanced and appealing color palettes.
• Understand the aesthetics of environment, function vs. form relationship, as well as what makes a game level fun and intriguing.
• Be a good communicator
• Work well in a team environment
• Be able to teach and be taught
Duties / Responsibilities
• Create models of 3D environments, map predefined textures, create new textures
• Adhere to the defined technical limitations and constraints when creating backgrounds
• Test and troubleshoot areas that are not working in the game engine and repair them
• Be creative and anticipate needs towards your level's design
• Participate in critiquing your work and the work of others
• Communicate deadlines and difficulties to your art director
• Be enthusiastic and ready to take on new challenges
• Self motivated to complete tasks on time
How to Apply:
Please submit your portfolio, cover letter and resume to:
Eric B. Thomas
Electronic Arts Partners
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:41 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.