Digital Matte Painter wanted!
MPC is one of the world’s leading post production facilities. We create high-end visual effects and computer animation for the advertising, music, television and feature film industries.
MPC is currently working on a raft of visual effects projects. Sole facility for Aardman Features/ DreamWorks Pictures 2005 release - 'Wallace and Gromit' - directed by Nick Park and Steve Box and lead effects house for both Tim Burton's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and Ridley Scott's 'Kingdom of Heaven.' The team is also supplying a number of sequences for Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros' 'Batman Begins' and Mike Newell's 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.' MPC also recently started work on 'The Corpse Bride', a stop-frame animated film co-produced by Tim Burton.
Digital Matte Painter – Job Description
With an emphasis on the aesthetics and techniques of photorealistic image creation, the DMP artist will be responsible for painting photo real environments, elements and textures for matching into live action plates or to stand on their own as DMP plates.
These Digital Matte Painting’s may also be used in a 3D environment and may be mapped onto 3D objects. These will eventually be rendered through a variety of off the shelf and proprietary renderers.
DMPs can be created from scratch or sampled from photos, scanned reference or any other artwork necessary to create new objects or to match the surfaces of existing live action. A strong understanding and sympathy for real world materials and lighting is essential and must be demonstrated in the work on your reel. DMP artists may work closely with the modelling and shading artists and therefore must have a basic knowledge of the practices of each discipline.
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency in creating photo-realistic DMPs required
• Assisting and developing the look of a shot or sequence with the
• Work alongside the production team to establish schedules and technical requirements.
• Works in partnership with shader developer’s, lighters and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
CG Supervisor, VFX Supervisor, Lead DMP artist
Experience and skills;
• 2 years + proven experience in feature film/broadcast visual effects production
• Thorough working knowledge of Photoshop, with a basic understanding of Maya and Renderman
• Strong artistic skills
• A traditional arts background with an emphasis on photo-realistic work and environments would be an advantage
• A good understanding of the entire visual effects process is also needed.
Please submit your cv and showreel to email@example.com and check out our website at www.moving-picture.com for other vacancies.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.