PDA

View Full Version : Inspired WIP MatteP

Mdalaran
10-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Hi there...

After I got into this website I got very inspired and motivated by the other great artists. So decided to give it a go again on a new matte painting. It is still a WIP.... Tell me what you think... crits & comments welcome...

http://home.planet.nl/~verh2976/private_cg/after_skymatte.jpg
http://home.planet.nl/~verh2976/private_cg/before_skymatte.jpg

Greetz,
Mdalaran

Mdalaran
10-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Come on guys is it that bad? :wink:

I want to add later some motion to the piece like a flock of birds and some 3D geometry.
I am modeling right now some 3d props like an spacecraft thats gonna hover through the city checkinf for survivors.

Greetz,
Mdalaran

anthonyBloor
10-05-2004, 04:07 AM
hehe ofcourse its not bad!! its pretty good, although, i'm not sure if the colour of the damgede areas is right, everything else is very blue, and the inside of the buildings look completly desaturated in comparason

Maryam
10-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Mdalaran,

Good job.
But the damage on the left building somehow doesn't look right to me.

Mdalaran
10-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi there...

yeah somehow the left side bothers me too... because it is a rounded shaped building... I need to look into that some more...

Greetz,
Mdalaran

lightwell
10-05-2004, 08:25 AM
Modern buildings are full of metal in the form of structure, reinforcements to concrete and curtain wall mullions and transomes. That stuff would be twisting all over the place. There is usually lots of insualtion packed behind the glass spandrels too - spot the architect.

Have a look at Albert Whitlocks paintings for Earthquake. You might also find some clues by doing a websearch for the Canary Wharf bomb or Sarajevo.

AliK
10-05-2004, 12:26 PM
I suggest only concentrate on the tall building in the middle.
And keep the rest intact.
Then look up for a photo real reference and try to copy the first part based on a real photo. Then paint accordingly any other part you want.
All other parts of the building, some how should be affected with the destruction.