View Full Version : Alien Cloudscape - Mohamed Faska
08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
this is my wip, the background was entirely created in Nuke using juste some spheres and points light to adjusting the fading light in the planets.
here is my setup
08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
here is my second wip
08-14-2012, 05:36 AM
some progress work, trying here to respect the composition and light direction
08-14-2012, 01:11 PM
really great working process, grat!
08-15-2012, 02:16 PM
thank you Kemeri, i really appreciate it !
09-03-2012, 12:14 PM
09-06-2012, 05:45 PM
finally done !
this is my final wip where i did a lot of enhancement in the entire MP, i wasn't satisfied with my latest wip so decided to take some time to study how the cloud system work in reality, witch allowed me to learn a lot about the variety types of clouds and the their relative location in the atmosphere, then return back to improve this mp again. here are the latest steps i did :
- enhance the foreground clouds by using different types of Cumulus
- adding cirrus clouds in the high-level background clouds, i also used them for the float clouds
- closed the hole in the bottom to respect to concept but keeping it deforming ellipse shape to give it more reality looking
- add more atmospheric perspective for depth
- increase and decrease the range of tones in the highlights and shadows areas
- return back to my initial color balance and improve it to get the right mood
it was really challenging theme and a great opportunity in the same time, wanna thanks all guys behind this concept and wish good luck to everyone.
09-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I just noticed that i lost some details in the top right cloud foreground when was darken some shadows areas, so i recover it with some details and now it's fixed, i also add little bit of highlights in the ring edges cause they align directly to the source light.
there are a lot of intersting entries here, good luck to everyone.
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.