PDA

View Full Version : Photo Panorama with DV water / field of view question

spaceboyzero
04-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi all, new to the board..

I have a question.... this is what i`m doing..

i`m building a large panorama of a beach harbour, into which i will be compositing a giant sea monster. i will be using tracker information from a hanfdheld Bluescreen shoot for the camera motion, and compositing the actor from the same shots (so essentially tracking the painting in)

the problems are:

how do i know what lens to shoot my bluescreen material on? or how will i set the panramas size/FOV to a known quantity. its hard to explain.. basically how to match the bluescreen camera and the panorama FOV.

secondly, if i`m shooting the main panels on 35mm stills film, the moving water on DV does it matter about FOV or focal length between the two mediums? for example..

if i shot 12 panels on the 35.. at 70mm and shot 1 wide shot(say 28mm) of the water (i know the water resolution is my limiting factor) would the images match once any lens distortion was removed?

hope someone can kinda follow what i`m trying to explain..

cheers,

Mark

zogthedoomed
05-05-2005, 06:19 AM
I'm kind of dissapointed you've not had a reply yet. Integrating film footage with painted, photo and CG work is something I'm sure many people here do daily. Or do they.

How much of that would come under the remit of a compositor? Where are the boundaries between matte painter and compositor?

brad
05-05-2005, 07:20 AM
I think it's more related to compositer approach. not the matte painter.

P3t3r
05-05-2005, 09:40 AM
better go to www.vfxtalk.com (http://www.vfxtalk.com)