PDA

View Full Version : Flying Over To Paris

kaustavsinha
03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

Here's my latest Digital Matte Painting, titled "Flying Over To Paris"! Created under 3 hrs, in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended.

I hope all of you will like it! Comments & critiques, as always, are heartily welcome!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7529/flyingovertoparis.jpg

metalrahul
03-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Its looks more like a very raw photo montage to me. You have to fix all the basics and work more than 3 hours to get a good mattepainting.

Sorry if I am too hard on you but I think you could do better than this.

kaustavsinha
03-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi metalrahul,

Thanks for the critiques! Yeah, I agree completely with you. This was the first time that, I was attempting such a matte! I basically did this for the BG, for an illustration! Kindly critique on the BG!

Rochnan
03-21-2009, 04:16 AM
Hey Kaustavsinha,

It looks a little like those ads for travel agencies (the good ones, not the lazy here's-a-picture-of-a-nice-place ones).
One of the first things I do is thinking about the lighting: where does the light come from?
Look at your bigger plane.
Now look at the cloud just above it. ;)
Now we're looking about the clouds, some have a blue edge from their original photography still around them.
If you remove that, you might accidentaly remove some of the cloud itself. That's okay. Just take a brush, and draw it back in (when you draw it in, it has no blue edge anymore).
For a finishing touch, let's look at the sky. When you go out and take a picture of the horizon, it's pretty much a straight line. The same goes for the one in the original here.
But your picture's horizon is a curve! So make sure the photo does too.

I haven't said anything about the city itself yet, I'm not really sure if I got a simple way to explain what I'd do. Luckily, there are more forumites you can ask.