PDA

View Full Version : Join the "Escape From City 17" Team

DavidPurchase
03-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Please watch my reel before reading the rest of this. (I'm betting it will be worth your time)

http://www.youtube.com/user/PurchaseBrothers

The Escape From City 17 spot made the #1 Top Rate video of all time on YouTube in one day. That was fun while it lasted, which was about three weeks before it was booted by Dragonball yesterday, lol. oh well. =P

We have two more episodes that will be released over the next year. And we are working on a non Half Life feature film unitizing the same techniques.

We are putting together a team of very passionate artists. 3d animators, modelers, matte painting artists, composers, compositors. People who LOVE doing their work and want to work on fun, interesting projects. You may pro, or someone trying to be pro, I've already had a number of emails from both. I want to see as many artists as possible really. Use different people for different shots, if necessary.

We made all of these spots over the past 2 years as well as working on the feature, completely in spare time, with no funding, doing everything, from shooting to all aspects of post. We don't have money to pay anyone else either, only big credits at the end. This is why the passion aspect is required. We find this fun, so we're willing to work our ass off to get the end result. We want a matte painting artist who is as passionate about their work as we are about directing. Who will find this fun, and looks forward to the end result. I've been doing our own 'matte paintings' that are functional, but really nothing compared to the true art found here.

The free work paid off it got us enough attention that we are now repped by Anonymous Content and Creative Artists Agency in Los Angeles. The imagery in the coming episodes will be quite beautiful.

If you're interested, give me a message with the subject "Matte Painting Artist" and show me some work. If you can do 3d mesh to achieve parallax, even better.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I think we can make something awesome. =)

David Purchase
info@purchasebrothers.com