PDA

View Full Version : night scene - here we are again..

kuroe702
02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
hi people
if you haven't got tire of this image lol
I came back to visit this piece recently and did some fix
I replace the whole mid-ground element with 3d model
so it matches the perspective better, while providing more realistic water and lighting(hopefully)

http://fc26.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/037/0/c/Night_Scene_Matte_Painting_by_kuroe702.jpg

this has been a learning piece for me, by using different techniques and programs. while I probably won't have time to rework everything, I still would like some suggestions =)

poje9
02-03-2009, 05:24 PM
The wall seems a little too sharp, and the highlights in it are a little too bright or reflective. I like the water though! Also, look at the brick textures on the wall and ground. They need more variation; they are too repetitious.

Hope this helps

kuroe702
02-04-2009, 02:51 PM
thanks, I'll fix what I can =)

dbradham
02-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey, this piece has a nice feel to it. One thing that is bothering me is the lighting on the building in the foreground. The square light is casting light almost perpendicular to the direction the light is facing.

kuroe702
02-06-2009, 07:28 AM
yeah, might need to tone that down for a bit.

RiKToR
02-06-2009, 04:37 PM
The foreground doesnt bother me as much as the background.... its way to uniform. Streets are running in perfect grids and the light reflections in the distance are too obvious that they are the same shape. Older cities like this have curves to the streets and countour to the land they were built on.

These thing would make the piece feel less computer generated and more natural.

kuroe702
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
hey RikToR
totally agree
but alas... that means I'll need to rebuild the background... and that's gonna take forever... I might move on to another peice with smaller scene then something this big. Thanks though!