PDA

View Full Version : How to start

keroro
01-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Hi I am a newbie to matte painting and I want to paint a sorta swamp scene. But I do not know how to start. just a blank...

metalrahul
01-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Stop thinking and start doing something, I think thats the best way to start and don't be afraid of mistakes you might make. Once you start painting some concept everything else will fall in its place slowly.

poje9
01-06-2009, 06:32 PM
References are always a great place to start. If you can find pictures that have the look and feel you want for your matte then the ideas will start to flow, enough so to get some of them from your head to the computer. Don't be afraid to look at references they are your best friend!

Hope this helps

HazyWay
01-07-2009, 06:58 AM
you might want to start the painting in a mono tone first like black and white that way you know what how you want your lights and darks, or you could start with a colour scheme then build up the detail as you go
hope this advice has helped in some small way

keroro
01-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Okay this is my reference

http://www.visoterra.com/images/original/Visoterra-la-black-river-et-la-foret-de-mangrove-5503.jpg

But I just need help with painting foliage and stuff. There's gotta be a way to paint them without rendering each individual leaf! I think best I want to paint from scratch as I was to turn that scene ominous

Hope you guys can help me...