PDA

View Full Version : Matte Painter Wanted for Live Stage Projections

jbolin
12-15-2008, 05:01 AM
I produce a Cirque style passion play called The Thorn and Iím looking for an illustrator to create a few virtual backgrounds for our show. Wait, donít ditch this thread Ė itís not a lame show with fake beards and bad singing. Its a pretty cool epic show (thousands attend) with demons, angels, an 80ft projection screen, aerial acrobatics, serious prosthetics, etc.

Anyway, as I am building the show, Iíve decided to attempt virtual sets on the main screen with a few actual set pieces set in front of the screen to create depth. Imagine a cool scene with a stylized Jerusalem, rolling clouds and low fog. Iíd put a few set pieces that matched the matte on the stage as well as fog, etc. Essentially, what I want to accomplish is a marriage of stage and film with a Prince of Persia sort of look and feel. Below is a link to the current trailer (music is lame and being rescored). The trailer is under the media tab. If this is something that might interest you or if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome!

http://thethorn.net/

John Bolin
johnbolin@mac.com

Alex Jenyon
12-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Sounds interesting. Is this a paying job?

AJ

Suirebit
12-15-2008, 11:54 AM
if it's a paid job I might be interested :)

Matisse
12-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow, love what you're doing. I'm game! I also do music composition. You can view my profile here: www.thedigitalartist.net

GordonTarpley
12-23-2008, 03:51 PM
looks really cool. what kind of images would you be looking for?