PDA

View Full Version : Lonely WIP

AliAlbdri
11-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Hello

This matte paining and compositing done for practicing
First I used many images to make the BG in photoshop and I animated the water in AE.
After that I put the street image that was done in photoshop too in front of it and I add the truck above all.
I found video made to test I think Sony HD camera, I Rotoscope the man from it and I put it inside the truck

Here is image from the video
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr286/3asgfx/lonly.jpg

I uploaded the video on youtube
This is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYPmWTI26Kg
sorry for the low Res

Critics and suggestions are appreciated

ReX357
11-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Here's my suggestions:

First you image is too saturated.

Second your shadows are way off. If you notice, to the right of the background the scene is lit from the left and everything else seems like it's lit from the front. You're gonna have to relight pretty much everything in the scene.

The part to the right needs color correction to blend more with the rest. In that same part at the right, the beach doesn't feel like it blends well with the water.

The water, just above the bridge, feels like it's way too close.

The character needs to be more contrasted since it's closer to the point of view. Same for the truck.

Once you're done fixing that, come back and I'll find more :)

AliAlbdri
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Finally someone give me real suggestion :)
Thanks a lot I appreciated
I will try to fix the problem you mentioned
But I got few questions:
How can I relight the right castle and erase the hard light?
The character and the truck how contrasted should it be? Any example

Thanks again

ReX357
11-13-2008, 07:55 PM
To relight you first need to define where your light is coming from in your picture.

Using photoshop, here's how I would go about it:

- Duplicate the layer with the image you wanna relight (Right click on the layer - "Duplicate layer"

- Right click on the new layer, choose Blending options. In the dialog that pops up, check "Color Overlay". Choose a dark color that matches the tones of your picture (For instance in your picture I would use a very dark blue, when picking your color, choose at the lower left part of the color frame). Choose "Multiply" for the blend mode. Then carefully lower down the opacity of the "Color overlay" using the slider until you reach a point where it looks like your whole layer is "shadowed". Click OK once you're happy with the result.

- Now, the layer you just applied the color overlay to should be right above your original layer. Right click on the shadowed layer and choose "Create clipping mask".

- Choose your eraser tool with a round brush, turn the opacity down a bit (60-80% maybe?) and erase the parts that are in the light in the clipping mask. Make sure to keep your light source in mind when doing that.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

Good luck!

AliAlbdri
11-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Thanks ReX357 for the tip
I tried it and yes it helped erasing the hard light.
Now I am going to fix the BG first (lighting\shadow\color sky water)
And I will post the BG when I finish